Our office fights for our clients to come and remain in the United States and handle a spectrum of family-based immigration matters such as: family-based petitions through adjustment of status or consular processing, waivers, U-visas for those that have been victims of crimes, and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) petitions.

In addition, our attorneys have experience litigating for clients in immigration court proceedings for asylum, withholding, Convention Against Torture cases, cancellation of removal for non-lawful permanent residents, and cancellation of removal for lawful permanent residents. Immigration law changes often and those changes can affect whether you can qualify for relief now or in the future. It is important to consult with one of our attorneys to help assist you in understanding your options.


Click to call one of our attorneys. The first consultation is free.


Many foreign nationals currently living in the U.S. are not aware that they are eligible to seek adjustment of status to work and live permanently in the U.S. You might be able to apply if you are in the U.S. now and you are:

  • The immediate relative (spouse, parent, or unmarried minor child) of a U.S. citizen
  • Eligible for a family preference visa as the child or sibling of a U.S. citizen
  • Eligible for a family preference visa as the spouse or unmarried child of a lawful permanent resident
  • Eligible for an employment-based visa
  • A dependent of a qualifying visa applicant
  • Admitted as a refugee or granted asylum at least one year ago
  • A victim of certain crimes or abuse
  • A continuous resident of the U.S. since 1972

Note that anyone who entered the U.S. on a K-1 fiancé visa and does not marry the fiancé who filed the petition on their behalf cannot apply for adjustment of status even if they marry a different U.S. citizen or green card holder.

Fiancé Visa (K-1 visa)

A fiancé visa, technically known as a K-1 visa, enables someone who is engaged to a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. to get married. After the wedding, the new spouse is eligible to apply for a green card.

If you are engaged and reviewing your options, an experienced attorney can help you determine whether a K-1 visa is right for your circumstances, and assist with the application process to ensure that requirements are fulfilled properly to avoid delays or denials.

24 hr. Phone Promise

At our office, we make contact a number one priority. Travis returns all calls to his cell phone within 24 hours if you leave a voicemail. Travis’ cell is 727-793-7619 (Florida cases) 260-446-2414 (Indiana cases)

No Fee if No Recovery

All injury matters are handled on a contingency fee basis. This means that our fees are a portion of what we recover for you. This encourages us to strive to obtain the most we can in your favor and guarantees that you do not have any risk of incurring a fee. We only get paid if you get a recovery.

Why Our Attorneys

We became attorneys because we want to help people. We treat each client as a person not a file. Your case will be handled in a professional manner by the attorney themselves, not by a paralegal, and you will be able to speak with your attorney directly.

Hablo español

Most of our attorneys and our staff are fluent in both English & Spanish, and will speak with you in whichever language you are more comfortable with.


Under certain circumstances a waiver or pardon request is necessary because of a person’s criminal record and/or immigration history. Under U.S. immigration law, the government may find that a person is ineligible — or “inadmissible” — to come to the U.S. or to obtain a visa or other immigration benefit if he or she commits certain acts. A person can be found “inadmissible” if he or she:

  • Has been convicted of a certain crime or engaged in certain acts
  • Violated his or her immigration status in certain ways (e.g., been unlawfully present in the U.S. for a certain amount of time and left the U.S.)
  • Has been deported or removed from the U.S.
  • Has a prior order of removal/deportation, but never departed the U.S.

Some grounds of inadmissibility can be pardoned by the U.S. government if certain conditions are met. Sometimes, an applicant must apply for a waiver outside the country while at other times, the waiver can be filed from within the United States. To waive a ground of inadmissibility, a person typically — but not always — has to prove extreme hardship to their family member(s). Waiver applications are best prepared with full client cooperation and the dedicated attention of an experienced immigration lawyer.


Asylum Applications

Asylees are refugees who are at a land border or point of entry in the US. According to INA §208(a), asylees must qualify as refugees, meaning that they have to prove a well-founded fear of persecution based on a protected ground.

Removal Defense

If you are in removal proceedings around the United States, we would gladly speak to you regarding your case and the best manner to handle the same.

VAWA – Violence Against Women’s Act

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows spouses, children, and parents of abusive United States citizens, or lawful permanent residents in some instances, to petition for permanent residence in the United States. To qualify for a self-petition, the self-petitioner should have been abused by the United States citizen, or by the Lawful Permanent Resident in the case or spouse or child. There are several kinds of abuse that qualify, which will be discussed below.

If you had been abused by your spouse, you may self-petition for permanent residence by filing an I-360 petition with the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services. This ability to self-petition was established by Congress in 1996 in the original Violence Against Women Act. The self-petitioning process is straightforward and is adjudicated by a special section of the Service’s Vermont Service Center. Once approved, the self-petitioner may apply for Adjustment of Status, if the visa number is available.


Click to call one of our attorneys. The first consultation is free.